RDAgritech are a multi-disciplinary team that provide environmental, civil and geotechnical engineering solutions within an urban and rural environment. We have offices in Southland and Otago, with the advertised role being ideally based at the Queenstown office.
We are involved in a number of design and construction projects in the lower to central South Island region. Although our current work focus is in the Queenstown area we do a significant amount of environmental and engineering work within the dairy industry in Southland and Otago.
A Structural Engineer with residential house,SED Foundation Design and retaining wall design would be ideal. Staff are expected to work diligently and independently. We enjoy the challenges encountered on a daily basis and provide solutions based on sound engineering knowledge.
You will be part of a dynamic, friendly team of industry professionals based in Frankton, Queenstown. There is also opportunity to be based in Invercargill if it suits you better (views not as good, but it is more affordable).
Your core role within the team will include client engagement and scoping, design, consenting and construction to final certification.
Being a Chartered Professional Engineer in your discipline would be advantageous. Alternatively you would be prepared to seek Chartered status or have already begun this journey.
We offer flexible work hours with a focus on results and service excellence rather than clipping the ticket. We offer a Performance Incentive scheme that rewards high achieving staff. We also encourage a culture of work/life balance and understand family comes first.
Skills and Experience
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) would be advantageous
- Experience with residential house design, bracing lintels etc
- SED Foundation Design experience including non good ground solutions such as SED piles, waffle slabs, strip and pile cap etc. Experience with thermally isolated slabs an advantage.
- Retaining walls from cantilevered timber and steel pole to block walls knowledge advantageous
- Proficient with relevant NZ standards codes and industry best practice
- Proven reputation for robust solutions.
- You will be leading and developing the structural services team and supporting the geotechnical and environmental teams in a number of design projects.
- Environment, Client and solution focused